Applications - Polymer
Applications in Polymer Synthesis and Processing
Measure key Chemical and Physical Properties
Polymer analysis with LT-NIR measures several key properties in all stages of production. Our diverse analysis applications have included polymer production, processing, finished product quality and even recycling. LT-NIR can measure several key properties outlined below.
We have helped chemical plants, packaging companies and recycling centers become more efficient and have better quality through rapid, real-time, non destructive analysis.The list posted below is a sampling of the NIR solutions in the Polymer industry. The many applications of Near Infrared analysis of polymers have helped manufactures large and small save time and money. Contact us to learn how we can help with your analysis needs.
Key Measurement Advantages
- Powerful, Flexible Analysis- The IsoChem Analyzer comes in several different configurations for laboratory and process measurements of a variety of products. Rugged options such as our Melt Probes allow for direct measurements at the extruder.
- Any State – Measure properties of a variety of liquids and solids including melts, pellets, film, sheets and other extruded plastics. Melt properties are easily measured directly in solids for a quick QC check. And process-ready probes stand up to extruder temperatures and pressures.
- Online Measurement- Take key measurements online to improve process control. Take measurements directly at reactors, extruders, and other process units. See our Process Pages for more information about our complete process measurement solution.
- Multi-point Management – Multiplexer allows for measuring up to 20 process points with one analyzer. Integrate real time monitoring of component streams for improved process control.
- Process Ready – IsoChem Online Systems is suitable for all process environments and can incorporate inline probes, sample cells, or sample conditioning systems as needed. Product properties are analyzed and fed directly into the DCS or process control unit for real time feedback and control of final product.
Selected List of Polymers and Properties
Polymers Measured (Partial List)
Polyamides/Nylon (PA6 or PA66)
Degree of Polymerization
Extent of Reaction
Glass Transition Temperature (Tg)
Melting Point (Tm)
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s)