Applications - Pulp & Paper
A Total Process Measurement Solution for Pulp and Paper Mills
- Online NIR monitoring provides real time process knowledge and enables control schemes which save energy, chemicals and money. The IsoChem Process Analyzer provides high value in-process measurements throughout the pulping and paper process. Whether you are building, expanding or in process improvement an LT-NIR Analyzer can help meet your needs. Measure properties in tall oils, black, green and white liquor, pulp, bleach and paper products.
The IsoChem is ideally suited to monitor Kraft and other processes with measurements at the Digester, Recovery Boiler, Recausticizing Units, Lime Burner, Bleaching, Papermaking, Drying and Coating. Better control of these important process units can improve yield, reduce energy consumption, and increase profitability and quality.
High Value Pulp and Paper Process Measurements
LT-NIR has numerous potential uses. In the pulp and paper industry some of the most sought include:
- Monitor the Alkali profile at the Digester and control White Liquor effective alkali (EA)
- Measure Kappa Number in pulp for feedback digester control and feed forward bleaching control
- Control the addition of bleaching chemicals
- Make the lime reburner more energy efficient by monitoring inlet and outlet moisture
- Improve Causticizing Efficiency (CE) through monitoring the recaust process and controlling process variables
- Measure moisture in paper and coating weight with non contact online probes
The customizability of LT-NIR ensures that it is ready to meet unique process measurement requirements in challenging applications. Contact us for more information regarding your specific project requirements.
Monitor Kraft Recovery, Pulp Bleaching, Papermaking and More
The IsoChem Process Analyzer offers a robust system for online monitoring of many critical process parameters. Monitor every step in Kraft Digestion and Recovery cycle with a single instrument. Whether you are looking for online monitoring or offline/laboratory analysis, the IsoChem will provide a full range of product properties with a simple, fast, and accurate measurement. Nearly all phases of the Kraft Process can be improved with LT-NIR technology. Kappa Number in pulp can be controlled via measurements at the digester. As black liquor is recycled, the analyzer provides measurements of critical process parameters which are used to optimize the recovery boiler, improve Causticizing Efficiency (CE) and lime burning.
Elsewhere in the process, the IsoChem can perform measurements on pulp bleaching, papermaking slurry additives, paper moisture and coatings. These ensure that chemical usage is controlled and help improve final product quality.Contact us with your specific requirements. The IsoChem is capable of measuring critical properties of other manufacturing processes as well.
Sampling System – The Key to Accurate Measurements
LT Industries has designed Flow Cells, Probes and Non-Contact Probes that can stand up to strong acids and alkali’s and provide measurements in slurries, viscous solutions and paper surfaces. The LT Industries process measurement solution places probes and flow cells directly at the process measurement point, with the analyzer located either centrally or remotely. High purity fiber optic cables can stretch over 500 meters and still provide highly accurate measurements.
Similar systems involve bringing samples to and from process units to a sampling skid. By measuring directly at the process unit, the IsoChem provides truly real-time measurements. Installation is greatly simplified and fouling/clogging problems are reduced. Cells can be easily integrated with a purge system. LT-NIR solutions are application and process specific, ensuring the easiest and most accurate measurement possible.
Advantages of LT-NIR Online Pulp Process Monitoring
LT Industries IsoChem Process Analyzer offers many benefits:
- Elimination of operator bias/influence
- Reduced laboratory test load
- Real time, accurate, automated measurements
- Process control providing improved yield, lower energy usage, and increased profits
- High resolution, remote measurement
- 30 years of online process NIR experience
Contact LT Industries for more information regarding your specific project requirements.